Thursday, June 25, 2009
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Friday, May 16, 2008
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Sunday, July 08, 2007
Server Error-404 Psychiatric Support Page
Your file cannot be found!
The link you followed is either outdated, inaccurate, or the server has been instructed not to let you have it.
Please try the following:
If you are obsessive-compulsive, please check the URL repeatedly.
If you are co-dependent, please ask someone to check the URL for you.
If you are paranoid-delusional, we know who you are and what you want. Just stay online until we can trace your computer.
If you are schizophrenic, listen carefully and a little voice will tell you the correct URL.
If you are manic-depressive, it doesn't matter what URL you pick. No one cares, and no one will give you the correct file.
- For real deranged help, go to Dirty Bitch Society
You probably know Wikipedia as the world’s largest encyclopedia, suitable for research on most any topic. You know you can look up terms, but what you may not know is that Wikipedia features a ton of other information that can do a lot more than help you with that research paper. Wikipedia can also be a:
- TV Episode Guide. Just search for “list of ____ episodes” with the name of the show, and you will see every episode catalogued and summarized, often with trivia and other factoids.
- Cliffs Notes Replacement. Don’t want to read that weighty tome for your literature class? Don’t worry, Wikipedia is on your side. Just type in the name of the book, and you will be presented with a plot summary, themes, symbols, and other in-depth analysis.
- Learning Activities. This is from Wikiversity, a Wikipedia sister site. Whether you are a student wanting extra practice for a difficult subject or a teacher looking for homework assignments or handouts for your students, Wikiversity provides tutorials and worksheets on subjects ranging from AJAX programming to Philosophy. Wikiversity is currently woefully incomplete, but many subject have lengthy, well-written tutorials.
- Stock Images Collection. Need royalty-free stock images for your next web design or desktop publishing project? Turn to Wikimedia Commons, where you can browse images by subject, licence, or author. So if you need, for example, a radioactive Diderot for that big presentation to the investors, you’re all set.
- Music Database. Want to discover new music? Wikipedia has extensive cataloguing of music by genre, making it easy to find similar bands to those you already like.
- Time Capsule. Want to know what people thought of a topic years ago? Wikipedia archives all changes, so simply by clicking on the “history” tab on top of the page and then “Earliest” on the very bottom you can see an article as it was written years ago. Aside from demonstrating the fluid and ever-changing nature of Wikipedia, but also offers a glimpse into how people thought years ago. The value of this technique will increase over the years as Wikipedia gets older.
- Future Planner. Just as it can go backward in time, Wikipedia can also go
backwardforward. Wikipedia has articles stretching far into the next millennium. Want to see what you need to schedule for 2008? How about the World Cup in 2038? And be sure(assuming you’ve reached immortality) to pencil in the unsealing of that time capsule in 8113 AD.
- Trend Tracker. Perhaps even more important than what people are searching for on Google or other search engines is what people are researching. This page show the most popular Wikipedia articles. For example, following the Super Bowl, a lot of people went to research Prince,whose search numbers spiked recently. A list of sexual positions, however, remains an all-time favorite. Which brings us to our next and final topic:
- Teacher of Sex Positions. The list is more comprehensive than most books on the topic, complete with pictures. Hell, you can even use Wikipedia to look for porn.
Tuesday, June 05, 2007
Thursday, December 14, 2006
**¡Por favor visite mi otro blog! ¡Chasquido en los cuadros!
**CLAQUEZ LA PHOTO, MES CHÉRIS FRANÇAIS!
**AUFMERKSAMKEIT!! MEINE FAV DEUTSCHEN FREUNDE, KLICKEN SIE DAS FOTO!
Monday, December 04, 2006
Tuesday, October 31, 2006
I truly loved Halloween and in the past, my sordid past, I would often, for a better word, misbehave. I went egging, even in my 30's and derived great joy from egging big mouth teenagers. "Here ya lil' fuck, a taste of your own medicine, hahahaha," and I'd whip an egg. KAWHOPA!!! SPLAT!!! "How ya like that ya dirty bastards," as I'd make another drive-by to the same kids hanging on the corner, plotting revenge against those assholes, me, that egged them. The 3rd time 'round they'd run like hell when they saw the car, stereo blaring. I could hear 'em, "Oh fuck, here they come again." There'd always be a hard ass fat kid who'd show his bravery by not running but simply walking in the direction the others had run. SPLOOSH, SPLOOSH, he'd get a couple water grenades! Nothing worse than a brave wet guy, hahahaha! Next, saved from the 4th of July, we'd roll smoke bombs into the bars and watch 'em roll out, drunk and pissed, cussing your mother and her sisters. For the neighbor that always called the cops because the stereo was up, he'd get the flaming bag of dog shit on his front porch. Ring the door bell and he's gotta stomp the shit outa it to put the fire out. Oh, and who needs to toilet paper a place when you have a paint gun? You call up the bar and tell 'em that there's a fight outside. Of course the rubberneckers fall out, only to be hit, strategically with paint balls. Oh yes, those were the days and I sure miss 'em.
Sunday, October 29, 2006
I left this comment for someone, some time ago and I don't believe he ever saw it or read it. I wrote it in a drunken drive-by but it is sound advice and they say a drunkard never lies. I did a lot of thinking over the weekend and as I said about three weeks ago, the winds, they are a changing. Take what you want and leave the rest...
Do you recognize this???
I look back and realize, I was just a little girl with a woman's body.
I went to see BOA at Constitution Hall, concert #3, maybe? It was 1972, I think I was 13 and my girlfriend Linda Spahr and I, had an almost front row seat. I thought these guys were frigin' gods. I cringed as I watched this video. Pretty talentless and pre-David Lee Roth, Jim Dandy (Magnum) was so hot with his long hair, in my 13 year old mind.
We were in the mist of a smoke factory as joint after joint was passed. That was back in a time when you could smoke in the concerts and you'd light a joint and pass it and never see it again. But never fear, here comes another one and another and another. I had to pee and I knew the intermission was coming. I thought I'd beat the line and go ahead of the crowd, avoiding a long line. When I came out of the Ladies Room, I wandered to a door and thinking it a short cut back to my seat, I walked through the door and found myself right there at the stage right. How the fuck did this happen? The crowd was clapping and chanting as BOA was ready to leave the stage for intermission. They began to walk off and go through another door, right there in front of me. They waved at me and suggested that I come back stage with them. There was Ricochette with his boa constrictor and he was smiling at me, motioning for me to come on. I took one step, then another and I stopped dead in my tracks. I chickened out and they kept going and the door shut. OMG, there went my future as Mrs.Ricochette. There went my opportunity to be a well know slut just like Connie, mentioned in Grand Funks song "American Band."
...sweet, sweet Connie was doing her act...
Black Oak Arkansas
Friday, October 27, 2006
I come from a long line of pranksters, we call it The Trickster in Sioux. My Dad, knowing company was coming, would, strategically place fake dog turds and vomit in shocking places. He loved a gut reaction. My teacher came to visit once and my Dad insisted she have some peanuts. Of course, it was a can of coiled snakes that jump out. It was our personal joke and we loved every minute. I have to say, I loved to play pranks but don't like them done to me anymore. So, I've curtailed my urges for the most part. But...Halloween comes around and something happens, I can't explain it and The Trickster takes over. Don't blame me!
The very idea of bypassing the taste buds seems sacrilegious in a state that claims to produce the world’s best bourbon, which generates more than $1 billion a year in sales.
State officials in the land of Old Grand-Dad, Jim Beam and Wild Turkey are pushing to ban a device that vaporizes liquor and allows people to inhale the intoxicating fumes for a quick high without the burn of hard liquor.
CLICK TO READ THE REST